A whole-home humidifier can help create a more comfortable indoor environment that benefits you and your home.
A whole-home humidifier can help create a more comfortable indoor environment that benefits you and your home. While the optimal humidity level is individual to each homeowner; most people feel more comfortable in the range of 35–55 percent, which is also best for furniture and wood floors.
SHOULD I GET A WHOLE-HOME HUMIDIFIER?
Common reasons for choosing a whole-home humidifier:
You’re turning up the temperature on your thermostat, but still not feeling warm enough Wood floors, paneling, or furniture are warping or damaged Your home has a lot of static electricity You are experiencing dry skin, dry throats, nose bleeds, allergies, or asthma Your pets are experiencing dry skin or are thirsty more often
Ensuring the right amount of moisture inside your home can help make you feel more comfortable. In some cases, increasing humidity levels can allow you to reduce your temperature settings and save on your heating costs.
Water Vapor Output
Maintaining the proper humidity levels depends on the size of your home and the climate you live in. Larger homes and those in arid climates may need a steam or fan-powered humidifier. Otherwise, a bypass humidifier may be sufficient.
PERFORMANCE SERIES STEAM HUMIDIFIER
Steam humidifiers for precise control:
• Ideal for large homes and/or arid climates
• Ultra-versatile—can be mounted on indoor unit, duct, or wall
• Up to 34 gallons of moisture output per day.
PERFORMANCE SERIES FAN-POWERED HUMIDIFIER
Electric fan-powered to boost airflow and humidity:
• Affordable solution for large homes
• Preferred dispersal type for homes with heat pumps
• Up to 18 gallons of moisture output per day
PERFORMANCE SERIES BYPASS HUMIDIFIERS
Uses less electricity than fan-powered humidifiers:
• Ideal for medium and smaller sized homes
• Affordable solution for humidity management
• Up to 17 gallons of moisture output per day