Spring / Summer or Fall / Winter System Maintenance Check-up
A furnace check-up or tune-up is much like a visit to the doctor or taking your car to a mechanic. However, specifically in the case of your home, a furnace check-up consists of the following steps
While having your furnace tuned and checked each year before the cold weather is wise practice, there are also a few things you can do to assure that your furnace is operating properly, safely, and to its fullest capacity.
The very first thing to check before turning on your unit is to make sure nothing flammable has been stored next to the furnace over the summer. Many, many people have set their weedeaters, lawnmowers, and gas cans against their furnace in the garage. This is just asking for a fire or an explosion !!
Be sure the thermostat is set in the heating mode. enjoy and relax if you have Air 1 Mechanical maintenance plan active.
- Inspect thermostat for proper operation.
- Inspect filter and change or clean as needed.
- Check all electrical components and controls.
- Oil motors as needed.
- Inspect heat exchanger for possible cracks. A crack in the heat exchanger will introduce carbon monoxide into the living space.
- Check air flow. If diminished, it may be necessary to clean the evaporator coil.
- Check air fuel mixture, where appropriate.
- Call and ask for details and how you can sign up Air 1 comprehensive signature plan.